Lamb Loin with Eggplant-Orange Puree
- 8 sprigs thyme leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (leaves only)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 lamb loins, trimmed of silver skin
- Eggplant-Orange Puree1 eggplant
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 oranges
- 2 Tbs butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp hazelnut or walnut oil
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Garnish 1/2-inch thick orange wedges
- thyme sprigs
- In blender, combine thyme, rosemary, garlic, shallot, parsley, and oil. Puree until smooth and pour into bowl.
- Rub marinade on both sides of lamb loins. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove loins 1 hour before roasting. Remove cover and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add lamb loins and quickly brown on each side. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Place in shallow pan and roast in 375°F oven for 15 to 24 minutes or to desired degree of doneness: 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well.
- Cover lamb loins and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Eggplant-Orange PureeSlice eggplant in half lengthwise. Brush cut sides with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in baking pan and roast at 375°F for 1 hour; set aside.
- Use a zester to remove orange peel from oranges, set aside. Juice oranges, and in small pan, combine juice and zest. Bring to a boil and simmer to reduce juice by two thirds, let cool.
- Scoop out cooled eggplant. In food processor puree cooked eggplant and butter. Add orange juice, oil, and sugar; process until smooth. Keep warm.
- To serve: Place one quarter of the eggplant puree in center of salad size plate. Slice lamb into 1/2-inch-thick slices and arrange on puree. Garnish with orange wedges and sprigs of thyme.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.