Low-Fat Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 6 Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbs salted butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 2 Tbs fat-free sour cream
- 1-2 Tbs skim milk
- Fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add cubed potatoes and cover. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- Combine potatoes with butter, cream cheese, sour cream, and milk. Mash until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.