Oven Roasted Lamb Rib Chops with Rosemary Apple Dressing
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing, crumbled
- 2/3 cup canned apple pie filling and topping, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 8 lamb rib chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add bell pepper, cornbread stuffing, apple pie filling, apple juice, and walnuts, mixing well.
- In 13 x 9-inch baking dish, spread out dressing; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat remaining oil and quickly brown lamb chops on each side.
- Place lamb chops on top of dressing.
- Roast in 350ºF oven to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- Serve dressing on plate and top with two lamb chops.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.