Pan-Roasted Lamb Stuffed with Kefalotiri Cheese on Arugula Salad
- 2 lamb top rounds or sirloins, about 1 1/2 lbs each
- 1/2 lb kefalotiri or provolone cheese cut into eight, long, 1/4-inch wide strips
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 quarts arugula leaves
- 1 Tbs parsley, chopped
- Latholemono Salad Dressing1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 saffron thread, optional
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut each top round or sirloin into four portions.
- If necessary, make a slice halfway into center of lamb.
- Place cheese in center, roll, and tie with string.
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet with cover, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown meat on all sides.
- Add butter, garlic, and thyme.
- Reduce heat, baste meat with butter mixture, cover, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or to desired degree of doneness: 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well.
- Remove lamb from pan, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- Toss arugula and parsley with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Latholemono Salad Dressing (recipe follows).
- Serve on plates. Slice lamb and arrange on salad.
- Latholemono Salad Dressing (makes 1 cup)In blender, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and saffron, if used.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- With blender running, slowly pour in oil, blending until thick and creamy.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.