Apricot and Toasted Almond Stuffing
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced (10 apricot halves)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups stuffing cubes, (cubed dried white bread)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the brandy and apricots in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and garlic, sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add brandy and apricots, and cook until half of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine apricot mixture, stuffing cubes, broth, almonds, cranberries, egg, thyme and pepper; tossing gently. Spoon the bread mixture into a 2-quart (2L) casserole that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray. Cover with lid, and bake for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.