Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbs chopped chives
- Fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
- In the bowl of a food processor (small if available), combine apricot preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin; process until smooth. Add chives.
- Place wings on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn and grill for another 5-6 minutes. With a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce on the wings. Cook for about 1 minute and turn. Repeat on other side of wings. Cook for another 1 minute. Wings should register 170º F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Serve the wings garnished with lime wedges.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.