Asian Beef & Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, preferably sesame-ginger flavor
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Combine vegetables and 3 tablespoons water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
- Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; heat through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.