Asian Beef Salad
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cups torn salad greens or sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 Tbs chopped peanuts (optional)
- Citrus-Soy Dressing:2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steaks in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl until blended.
- Carve steaks. Combine beef, onion and cilantro in medium bowl. Add dressing; toss. Serve on salad greens. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.