Basic Poached Eggs
- 4 eggs, cold
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of water in large saucepan or deep skillet to boiling. Adjust heat to keep liquid simmering gently.
- Break eggs, 1 at a time, into custard cup or saucer. Holding dish close to surface, slip egg into water.
- Cook eggs until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 3 to 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- Lift eggs from water with slotted spoon. Drain in spoon or on paper towels. Trim any rough edges, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.