Beef Flat Iron Steak with Balsamic Pepper Sauce
- 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks or beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan; reduce heat to medium. Cook 20 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Meanwhile, press pepper evenly onto beef steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook top blade steaks 13 to 15 minutes (top loin steaks 12 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove to platter; keep warm.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl until smooth. Add reduced vinegar, broth and pepper to same skillet. Gradually whisk in butter mixture until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve steaks with sauce.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.