Beef Kabobs with Parmesan Orzo
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tbs prepared Italian dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Parmesan Orzo:1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked
- 2 to 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers.
- Toss orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with orzo.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.