Beef Steak with Brown Rice & Vegetables
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 Tbs non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mixture, such as baby green and yellow beans and carrots
- 2 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut beef steak crosswise into four equal pieces. Place steaks and 1/3 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Season steaks with lemon pepper.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions, including salt but omitting butter. When adding rice to saucepan, stir in vegetables. When rice is done, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve with steaks. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.