Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin with Goat Cheese
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a steamer basket and add to the pan. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to an ovenproof gratin dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese and yogurt to remove any lumps. Spoon over the vegetables. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.