East Meets West Steak Salad
- 2 beef shoulder center (ranch) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup prepared regular or reduced fat Asian-style dressing
- 1 package (1 pound) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, cut diagonally in half or 3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped or slivered almonds, toasted
- Place beef steaks and 1/4 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss coleslaw mix, snow peas and peanuts with remaining 1/2 cup dressing in large bowl until well coated. Add beef; toss to combine.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.