Grilled Peppery Top Round Steak with Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
- hot cooked orzo (optional)
- Marinade1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp steak seasoning blend
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Toss asparagus with oil. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange asparagus around steak. Grill steak, uncovered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 10 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill asparagus 6 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 12 minutes) or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Immediately sprinkle cheese over asparagus. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve with asparagus and orzo, if desired.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.