Sizzling Sirloin Kabobs on a Bed of Orzo
- 1 lb beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 green, red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tbs prepared Italian dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Orzo:1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 to 3 Tbs chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 Tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers.
- Toss Orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with orzo.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.