Adobo Crusted Lamb Loin Chops
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs fennel seed
- 1 Tbs cumin seed
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp each fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- In a dry skillet, toast fennel, cumin, coriander and pepper for a few minutes until aromatic; let cool and grind coarsely in a spice grinder or blender. Stir in salt, garlic, oregano and lime zest. Add the thyme and rosemary to the spice mixture.
- Rub both sides of each lamb chop with about a tablespoon of the spice mixture; cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat ovenproof large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 Tbs of oil, heating until it shimmers. Place lamb chops in hot pan and sear for 3 minutes; turn lamb to sear the second side for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place the pans into the 400ºF oven; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.