Almost-No-Chopping Black Bean and Salsa Soup
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free less-sodium chicken broth (about 5 1/4 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup instant rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- tortilla chips
- Bring the broth and salsa to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken, beans, and rice. Stir well, turn the heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the corn and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the onions. Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately, breaking tortilla chips on top.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.