Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Blue Cheese Topping
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Topping2 Tbs cream cheese
- 4 tsp crumbled blue cheese
- 4 tsp plain yogurt
- 2 tsp minced onion
- dash ground white pepper
- Combine topping ingredients in small bowl. Rub beef steaks with garlic.
- Place steaks on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. One to two minutes before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
- Season with salt; sprinkle with parsley.
Variation: To grill, place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. One minute before steaks are done, top evenly with topping.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.