Beefy Sweet Potato Hash
- 12 oz cooked beef (such as steak, roast or pot roast), cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs reduced-fat or regular dairy sour cream
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine sweet potatoes, onion and taco seasoning in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add water. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minute or until crisp-tender and water has almost evaporated, stirring once. Stir in oil; continue cooking, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and hot sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add beef to potato mixture. Continue to cook 5 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring occasionally, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed to avoid sticking.
- Garnish with cilantro, as desired. Serve with sour cream mixture.
Substitution: 1-1/2 teaspoons each cumin and chili powder may be substituted for taco seasoning.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.