Caribbean Flank Steak with Coconut Rice
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- Marinade1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs Caribbean jerk seasoning
- Coconut Rice2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 Tbs shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 Tbs sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice for Marinade; discard excess juice. Reserve crushed pineapple for Coconut Rice.
- Combine marinade ingredients and reserved pineapple juice in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare Coconut Rice. Combine water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 35 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved pineapple, coconut, almonds and cilantro. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with rice.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.