Chino-Latino Beef Kebabs
In each kebab, the lean beef provides protein to help make you feel full, and the onions, green peppers, and tomatoes delivers healthy fiber.
- 1 lb lean boneless sirloin, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1 Tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 sweet onion, such as Vidalia, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 16 squares
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- With a sharp knife, cut the sirloin into twenty 1" cubes and place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, cumin, and oil. Add the mixture to the beef and stir well to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the broiler and coat a broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Alternately thread 5 beef cubes, 4 onion pieces, 4 bell pepper squares, and 3 cherry tomatoes onto each of four 18" wooden or metal skewers. Place the skewers onto the broiler pan and sprinkle with the salt. Broil 4" from the heat source for 8 to 10 minutes, turning them every 2 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the beef is cooked through.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.