- 1 lb ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup low-fat or regular plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns, split, toasted
- fresh spinach leaves
- Combine yogurt and 1/4 cup tapenade in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine ground beef and remaining 1/4 cup tapenade in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat until hot. Place patties in pan; cook 10 to 12 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with pepper, as desired. Remove; keep warm.
- Add onion and zucchini to grill pan over medium heat; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Place 1 tablespoon cheese on bottom of each bun; top evenly with spinach leaves, onion, burger and zucchini. Spread 2 tablespoons yogurt mixture on cut side of each bun top. Close sandwiches.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.