Vegetable Medley Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 lb boned and skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tbs chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 oz egg noodles, cholesterol free, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, sauté chicken pieces in oil over medium heat until pinkness is gone and chicken is opaque.
- Add onion, red pepper, and garlic to chicken, sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and frozen vegetables and cook for 10–15 minutes uncovered until noodles are tender. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Note: Prepare bay leaves for cooking by breaking them in half and placing them in a tea ball. Toss the tea ball into the soup pot. You can easily find the tea ball when it’s time to remove the bay leaves.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.