20-Minute Black Bean Soup
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces of premade black bean soup
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- Cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne to taste
- Saute the bell pepper, onion, corn and black beans in the olive oil until cooked through (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in the premade black bean soup and all of your spices to taste (I probably ended up with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/8 tsp cayenne). (These spices are essential to making this soup taste great!) Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking and fully heated through, ladle soup into bowls and top with your choice of ingredients!
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.