- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free less-sodium chicken broth (about 5 1/4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups bite-size chunks rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dried alphabet pasta
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring the broth, chicken, vegetables, tomatoes, water, and bay leaves to a boil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Turn the heat to low, stir in the pasta, and simmer, covered, until the pasta is tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaves. Stir in the onions and add salt and pepper.
Cooking Tip: Italian-style diced tomatoes, seasoned with basil, garlic, and oregano save a measuring step.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.