Apple Salad with Candied Bacon and Goat Cheese
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese, cubed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Dressing2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Fry bacon until crisp, then drain off most of fat.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar to pan, cook and stir until bacon is well coated with melted sugar. Remove from pan onto parchment paper.
- Combine apples, walnuts, goat cheese ,and arugula in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Garnish with bacon.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.