Apricot-Dijon Pork Salad
- 1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 10 oz package mixed salad greens
- 1 15 oz can apricot halves, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 4-5 oz Provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- In small bowl stir together preserves, vinegar, mustard and ginger. Reserve 3/4 cup for salad dressing.
- Butterfly pork tenderloin (cut almost in half, but not quite through, horizontally; open and lay flat. Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Grill tenderloin over heat 5-6 minutes per side; brushing with remaining apricot mixture during last 2 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F. Remove tenderloin to cutting board.
- Meanwhile in large bowl toss together greens, apricots, cherries, cheese, pecans and onions. Divide mixture evenly among 4 plates. Slice pork into 1/2-inch pieces. Arrange portions of pork on top of greens on each plate; drizzle with reserved apricot mixture.
Ingredient Tip: To toast pecans, place pecan halves in shallow baking pan in a 350° F oven for about 10 minutes. Let cool, chop coarsely.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.