Asian Lamb Noodle Salad with Peanuts
- 10 green onions (white and pale green parts only), chopped
- 3 Tbs sesame oil, divided
- 3 Tbs rice wine or apple juice
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 oz sweet potato noodles, or glass noodles
- 3 Tbs peanut oil, divided
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced into strips
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 lb snow peas, tough strings removed
- 1 carrot, julienned, cut, and blanched
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In medium bowl, combine green onions, 2 Tbs sesame oil, rice wine or apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, and salt.
- Remove 2 Tbs and mix into lamb.
- Cover, refrigerate, and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Remove from heat, rinse, drain, and toss with remaining 1 Tbs sesame oil; set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbs oil over medium heat.
- Add one-half of the shallots and stir for 10 seconds.
- Add lamb and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl; keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet and add remaining 2 Tbs oil.
- Add remaining shallots and stir 10 seconds.
- Mix in noodles and reserved sauce, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is absorbed.
- Add spinach, snow peas, and carrots.
- Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is just wilted.
- Pour into bowl of lamb.
- Add peanuts, toss, and serve.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.