Baked Egg with Canadian Bacon, Tomato, and Potatoes
- 1 6 oz package Canadian style bacon, chopped
- butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup refrigerated red potato wedges, no-oil added, cubed
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp nonfat half and half
- 4 tsp Swiss cheese, or Gruyere or white Cheddar cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat inside of four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups/ramekins with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine Canadian bacon, potatoes, tomato and chives in a medium bowl. Spoon mixture evenly in ramekins.
- Break egg into each ramekin on top of the Canadian bacon mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of half-and-half over each egg. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake in heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until egg whites are opaque and yolks have firm edges but soft in centers. Remove from oven.
- If desired, sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve immediately.
Ingredient Note: For a Southwest twist, toss the Canadian bacon mixture with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder before spooning it into the ramekins.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with whole grain toast and juice.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.