Baked Eggs and Spinach
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Heat oven to 325°F. Divide spinach evenly among four, greased 6-oz ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of spinach with back of spoon. Place on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Top evenly with salsa, then cheese.
- Bake in 325°F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 20 to 25 minutes.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.