Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach Hash Browns
- 2 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat large non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add potatoes, mushrooms, and water; mix and spread in even layer. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Turn vegetables over; cook, uncovered, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, sour cream, 1/4 cup cheese, and dill weed; mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly among four greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Press an indentation (about 2-inch diameter) into center of mixture with back of spoon. Place on baking sheet.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in 350°F oven until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 25 to 30 minutes.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.