Balsamic Glazed Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) red bell pepper, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) zucchini, halved and sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 Tbs toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add red bell peppers, zucchini and garlic, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper flakes, and cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Transfer to a clean plate. Set aside.
- Pour remaining olive oil in pan and heat over high. Add chicken, season with remaining salt and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned. Turn heat down to medium, add balsamic vinegar and chicken broth and cook for 2-4 more minutes until slightly thickened and syrupy. Return pepper mixture to pan and toss in olives and basil. Garnish with pine nuts before serving, if desired.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.