Barbecue Lamb Pita Pizza
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 cups bottled barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 pita breads (5 to 7-inch)
- 8 canned pineapple slices, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion, cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb, garlic salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
- In bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Add 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb. Spread 2 tablespoons remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread.
- Top each pita bread with 4 pieces pineapple and 1/2 cup lamb mixture. Sprinkle each pita with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake in 400° F oven until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into 4 or 8 wedges.
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.