Basic French Toast
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 8 day-old bread slices
- Beat eggs, milk and nutmeg in shallow dish until blended. Soak 1 bread slice at a time in egg mixture, turning once, letting slice stand about 1 minute per side.
- heat lightly greased large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot.
- place as many bread slices in hot pan as will fit in single layer. Immediately reduce heat to medium.
- cook until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat to cook remaining bread. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.