Basic Microwave French Omelet
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or other filling of your choice)
- Beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper in small bowl until blended.
- Microwave butter in 9-inch glass pie plate on high until melted, about 30 seconds. Tilt plate to coat bottom evenly. Pour egg mixture into hot pie plate. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, leaving a small vent.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2–2 minutes. Do not stir.
- When top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place filling on one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half with spatula; slide from pie plate onto serving plate. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.