Beef Sirloin Salad with Dried Cherries
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (approx. 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 small or 2 medium heads Boston lettuce, torn (approx. 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Dressing1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- In medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Add beef to remaining dressing; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce and reserved dressing; toss to coat. Arrange beef over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese, cherries and nuts. Serve immediately.
Cook's Tip: To toast pine nuts or chopped walnuts, heat oven to 350°F. Arrange nuts in even layer on baking pan; 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.