Best Ever Onion Rings
- 3 large onions, peeled and trimmed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup non-alcoholic beer (or regular beer)
- Vegetable oil
- Cut onions crosswise into 1/2-inch slices; pull apart into rings.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Stir in beer, beating with a wire whisk until the foam is gone.
- Toss onion rings in the batter. Transfer to plate, letting excess batter drip off as you transfer.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon oil in a large, 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place half of the onion rings in a single layer in the heated skillet and cook until browned. Turn once and cook for around 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining onions.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow baking pan or cookie sheet, arranging in a single layer. Bake at 425°F for 6 minutes, or until crisp.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.