Big Fat Greek Salad
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red tomatoes (1 pound), cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups hothouse cucumber chunks
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 cups torn mixed dark-hued greens, such as escarole and romaine lettuce, or use all romaine
- 4 oz feta cheese, chopped
- In a large salad bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, and pepper with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and olives. Toss to mix well. If you have time, let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add the greens and feta and toss again.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.