Big Island Chicken and Noodles
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 - 3 1/2 pounds, cut into pieces, or any combination of chicken parts
- 8 oz Chinese rice noodles, broken into 2 to 3 inch lengths
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 piece ginger, about 1 inch in size
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- In large bowl, place rice noodle pieces. Cover with warm water and soak for 1 hour, or until softened.
- In soup pot, place chicken stock, ginger and chicken pieces. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, carrot, celery, onions, mushrooms, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.