Black Boot Salsa
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Combine lemon, oil, sugar, and salt in a bowl with a cover. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add hot pepper sauce by the drop until the right amount of heat is achieved. Refrigerate, covered for several hours before serving.
- Serve with salt-free baked chips or pieces of fresh vegetables cut into scoop shapes, or as a marinated salad.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.