Black Thai Mushroom Salad with Lime-Jalapeño Salsa
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbs minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs white button mushrooms, quartered (about 7-1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lime-Jalapeño Salsa3 Tbs chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbs chopped freshcilantro
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- In a large skillet heat oil until hot. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and pale gold, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- Toss salad greens with Lime Jalapeño Salsa. On 6 serving plates, place an equal amount of salad greens and top with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- To make Lime-Jalapeño Salsa, combine jalapeño peppers, cilantro, basil, mint, sugar, soy sauce, lime peel and juice. Whisk in olive oil to combine. Stir in cucumber.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.