- 12 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 4 cups romaine, shredded
- 16 dried tomato halves, drained if packed in oil, rehydrated if dried
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon and set aside. In large bowl, toss together romaine, tomatoes and mushrooms. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar and seasonings; toss with salad mixture and divide evenly among four dinner plates. Top each salad with some bacon and sliced green onion.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cornbread and a tall glass of ice tea.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.