- 8 slices bacon, crisply-cooked
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2 oz can chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can cooked white beans, (cannellini or navy)
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Coarsely crumble bacon & set aside. In 2-quart saucepan, stir together tomatoes, broth, beans and seasoning. Bring to a simmer; stir in vinegar. In small bowl, toss together lettuce & basil. Ladle soup into large soup plates or bowls; garnish each serving with crumbled bacon and lettuce & basil.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.