Blueberry-Apricot Pot Pies
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 9 Tbs flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cooking oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 5 Tbs butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss blueberries and apricots with 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 tablespoon of the flour; spread evenly in pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) flour, the oats, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until moist crumbs form. With your fingers, press together crumbs to make large chunks; place on top of blueberries.
- Bake in top third of oven until topping is browned, about 20 minutes; cool on a rack.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.