- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 slices ham, thin
- 6 slices tomato, thin
- 6 slices Swiss cheese, thin (or Muenster cheese)
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain and crumble bacon. Pour off drippings. Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper to skillet; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bacon.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted spatula, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking—pulling, lifting, and folding eggs—until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture onto bottoms of rolls, dividing evenly. Top each with a slice of ham, tomato, and cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Cover with roll tops.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.