Brown Basmati Rice with Apples and Walnuts
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Zest from one orange
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Jonagold apple, cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) pieces
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) slices
- 5 or 6 pale green celery leaves, chopped
- 4 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Roast the walnuts in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, sea salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- To this mixture, add the rice, cranberries, apple, celery, and celery leaves. Also add the parsley and chopped walnuts.
- Toss all together until the salad is well-mixed.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.