Burgundy Beef & Vegetable Stew
- 1- 1/2 lbs beef for stew, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen whole pearl onions
- 2 Tbs cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan; season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Stir in broth, wine and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/4 hours. Stir in carrots and onions; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in sugar snap peas. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.