Cherry Nut Macaroons
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 1/2 cups bran flake cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- In a food processor, chop the almonds, walnuts, and pecans until they are finely diced, set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt 1 Tbsp of butter and add the chocolate chips. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Gradually stir the bran cereal into the chocolate, mixing thoroughly. Add the nut mixture and dried cherries until fully combined.
- With a spoon create 1-inch balls and place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge and let set for about an hour.
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.