Chewy Oatmeal Spice Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups quick cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup unbleached flour, white
- 2 Tbs orange peel, finely grated (or tangarine peel)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spray several baking sheets with vegetable oil spray and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with the mixer set on medium speed, beat together oil, brown sugar, eggs whites and vanilla until fluffy and smooth. Slowly beat in the oat mixture.
- Using a spoon, form cookie dough into 2 1/2-inch (6cm) rounds and space about 3 inches (8cm) apart on baking sheets. Bake for 8–10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and let cool on rack.
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.